Welcome to the Software and Database Systems Laboratory
The Software and Database Systems laboratory (SDBS lab) of the University of Peloponnese supports both research and teaching activities within the Department of Informatics and Telecommunications of the University of Peloponnese. More specifically:
- It develops research activities in state-of-the-art areas related to software systems and databases, including P2P systems, distributed systems, information representation and management, databases with special features (such as object-oriented, spatial, temporal, XML etc), data streams, as well as related applications (service-oriented computing, e-government, complex data management and so forth)
- It provides a workplace for PhD candidates, postgraduate students and affiliated researchers that specialize on areas relevant to the laboratory's interests.
- It provides the necessary infrastructure in terms of hardware and software for supporting a number of academic classes related to software and database systems, such as "Advanced software systems", "Databases", "Advanced databases", "Systems programming" and "Operating systems".
- Using Time Clusters for Following Users’ Shifts in Rating Practices (2017-12-30)
- exhiSTORY: Smart Exhibits That Tell Their Own Stories (2017-10-29)
- Stimulation of Reflection and Discussion in Museum Visits through the use of Social Media (2017-07-27)
- Exploiting Internet of Things Information to Enhance Venues' Recommendation Accuracy (2017-07-26)
- Enhancing User Rating Database Consistency through Pruning (2017-06-30)
- Formalization and visualization of the narrative for museum guides (2017-06-28)